Wednesday 6 June 2018

Mnemonics for spelling words that begin with 'b', 'c' and 'd'

These are some mnemonics for words that begin with the alphabets beginning with - 'b', 'c' and 'd'.

  • believe: "Don't believe a lie."
  • business: "I often take the bus in my business."
  • calendar: "January is the first month of the calendar." 
  • cemetery: "Epitaphs are found in a cemetery."
  • defendant: "At a picnic, it would be hard to defend an ant."
  • dilemma: "Emma faced a dilemma."
  • doctor: "Get me to a Doctor or else!"
I know this is particularly difficult in English as many words are derived from the languages of the various conquerors of the British Isles, the Saxons, the Vikings, the Angles (yes, there were a people called that and I'm not sure if they were very geometric!😀), the Normans, the Romans and that is why you will often find several words that mean the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment